apm install python-debugger
An Atom package for an IDE-like Python debugging experience.
This package is a modification of swift-debugger. Thanks to aciidb0md3r!
option-r: hide/show the debugger view
option-shift-r: toggle breakpoint at the current line
How to use
- Install using APM
$ apm install python-debugger language-pythonThe
language-pythonpackage provides syntax highlighting
- Open the Python file to debug and insert breakpoints
alt-rto show the debugger view
- Insert input arguments in the input arguments field if applicable
- Hit the
Runbutton. Focus moves to the first breakpoint.
- Use the buttons provided to navigate through your source. You can enter debugger commands directly in the command field.
The current version should support Python 2.5 and higher, including Python 3. The Python executable to be used while debugging can be changed in the settings.
- Breakpoints inserted with
alt-shift-ror the command palette after starting the debugger are not taken into account. If you need to add breakpoints mid-course, use an explicit debugger command (e.g.,
b 25). The downside is that they won’t be highlighted in the editor.
- No remote debugging.
- No watched variables or expressions.
Pull requests welcome!