apm install language-log
Log syntax highlighting and filtering in Atom
Adds syntax colors for common log formats in Atom - improving visual grepping.
Also adds a filtering bottom bar to separate out the statements you are not interested in (can be removed through package config).
An Atom grammar that helps you quickly extract the important parts of various log files.
The filtering bottom bar contains the following elements:
- Text filter input which filters based on line text (prepend an exclamation mark (
!) to perform a reverse filter).
- Tail button (
⇩) which enables tailing of log changes (move to the bottom of the file).
- Case sensitive/insensitive search button (
- Level filter buttons which filters based on log level.
NOTE: soft wrap is disabled by default and can be enabled via the package settings page.
- [x] Android LogCat
- [x] Nabto Log
- [x] iOS Log / Stack trace
- [x] Firefox crash log (use json raw dump)
- [x] IDEA log
- [x] Apache
- [x] Syslog
- [x] Windows CBS logs
- [x] Common crash logs
- [x] Common system logs from e.g. ~/Library/Logs/
There are a whole bunch of standard and non-standard log formats out there. Create an issue (or even better a PR) if you are missing a format.
- [x] Log filtering
- [x] Show warning on logs above 10,000 lines
- [x] Log tail option
- [x] Hide filtered lines
- [x] Show number of lines (and filtered)
- [ ] Timestamp search and filtering
- [ ] Dynamically updating
- [ ] Graph / visualization of entry types
- [ ] Quick jump to errors
Files above 10,000 lines does not get grammar applied according to Atom.
Contributions, bug reports and feature requests are very welcome.