Autocomplete Java Minus
apm install autocomplete-java-minus
There’s a lot of features regarding autocompleting java which is not complete yet. Parsing Java with all its quirks is complicated and it will take a long time to get everything right.
Read the CONTRIBUTING guidelines before opening PRs or Issues.
Autocomplete suggestions for Java.
Create a file named
.classpath in the project root.
This file will be parsed an classes will be extracted from it and added to autocomplete suggestions.
It should have the same format as the classpath has on your platform. On UNIX it would look something like
autocomplete-java-minus will parse
dependency.jar as well as any
class or JAR file under
Why not autocomplete-java ?
autocomplete-java-minus differs from
autocomplete-java in that it:
javapover and over again.
- will only autocomplete. The limited scope will increase maintainability and quality.
What will autocomplete-java-minus not do ?
autocomplete-java-minus aims to only handle auto completion. Thus, the following will not be implemented in the scope of this package.
- Work with import statements (although it does let java-import-wiz know that an autocompletion was made so it can work with imports)
- Dependency source code download or display
- go to or return from declaration of any kind
- Reconstruct source from
While these may be desired features, it is left up to other packages to implement.
Add import statement after autocomplete
In java it is quite tedious to look up which package/namespace
a class belongs to.
autocomplete-java-minus will work with
to automatically insert
import statements when an autocompletion is accepted.
State of functionality
- Parse implicit Java JARs (
- JAR files
- Class files
- Folders (traversed for Class or Jar files)
- Autocomplete suggestions for parsed classes
- Classes (Interfaces, Annotations, etc are all classes)
- Constructors with arguments and snippets
- Static methods of classes with arguments and snippets
- Autocomplete non-static members
- Fields and members from instanced classes, and it’s inherited members
- Member fields and methods from superclass
- Class local member fields and methods
- Method local variables
- Integrated with java-import-wiz for auto
- Automatically refresh classes in the current project as it’s edited.