apm install atom-xcode
Native iOS developers have amazing Xcode - let’s bridge the gap and make Atom our to go choice
$ apm install atom-xcode
After successful installation, open up your react-native project and check the bottom section (just where the atom-linter is located). Clicking the device name will open up another view allowing you to choose the device to run the app on.
The terminal will automatically disappear when CLI finishes without issues, otherwise it stays opened and will highlight the error. You can close it with “ESC” key.
The current version is a proof of concept to demonstrate we can really hack Atom to fit our needs in less than a day. Below is the list of features I’ve been thinking about implementing so far.
- [ ] Add ability to select build targets
- [ ] Add
Xcodemenu item with all options available
- [ ] Add build command
- [ ] Improve terminal colors
- [ ] Improve project detection and support Android as well
- [ ] Add settings and make this configureable
- [ ] Decouple from RN cli and ideally ship with own library
- [ ] Support multiple projects opened in Atom (for now we take the first one)
Please feel free to submit your ideas by making a new issue.
Command finishes w/o errors, but no Simulator has started
Try choosing different device. This error will be gone when either https://github.com/facebook/react-native/pull/5978 gets merged, or when we move the
run-ios into this package (or
rnpm, who knows)