apm install atom-diary
Keep a diary in Atom using markup like AsciiDoc or Markdown.
This package allows you to keep a diary in atom - how great is that? It has a nice three month calendar view for easy navigation to past entries and organizes your diary in monthly files.
Alt-Shift-d a: Creates a new diary entry for the current time
Alt-Shift-d c: Toggles the calendar view
Alt-Shift-d d: Opens the diary as a project in a dedicated window
Alt-Shift-d p: Creates a “printable” version of the diary
This package is inspired by my Emacs module diary-private.el.
You might want to install the AsciiDoctor preview package for Atom for previewing your diary files.
- Creates month based AsciiDoc or Markdown files for diaries
- Calendar view with clickable days
- Calendar view allows to navigate back and forth between months and years
- User can set a language for the diary files different from the system language
- User can create a printable version of the full diary (AsciiDoc only at the moment)
- User can open the diary folder as an atom project in a separate window
- [IN PROGRESS] Make diary printable
- [DONE] Create meta AsciiDoc files to create a printable diary
- Create meta Markdown files to create a printable diary
- Calendar View
- [IN PROGRESS] Create new entries by right-clicking on a day
- Add year selector (click on a year number to open selector, shall navigate to the selected year and the current month)
- [IN PROGRESS] Make diary manageable
- [DONE] Add command to open diary basedir as a project with it’s own tree-view, probably integrate with project-manager
- Add sorting and other cleanup routines
- Ask user on the very first start whether he wants to use AsciiDoc or Markdown
- Make navigating to settings an option in the packages menu (or add easy switching of markup language)
- Expand on ~/ and $HOME in baseDir configuration
- Improve markup support by using file templates
- Watch for changes on diary files even when they are changed by atom outside atom-diary
- Add some simple caching in calendar-lib::getDays which is based on file modification times
- When day changes, update marker on calendar view
- If available, open a pane with asciidoc/asciidoctor preview
- What happens if project-manager is not installed?